Week 16 Reflective Journal

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

This unit only consisted of a modern healthcare article and a course survey. My modern healthcare article was about a a new national program that provides HIV preventative medication. I learned about the high monthly cost of this medication and how much cheaper it is in other countries. 

We did not have any team activities this week. 

Reflecting on the course in the survey made me think about how to use the materials from this course in my practice at work. For me, I think there was a lot of helpful information about becoming a leader. However, right now, I feel like what is most memorable and applicable to my current job position was the module about change. The story about Hem and Haw and the cheese is something I think every single nurse should watch honestly. The health care environment is constantly changing. Health care is constantly advancing and evidence based practice creates change frequently. Being able to adapt and embrace change is essential to thriving in our career. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I feel like this course has had a lot of great messages! I have enjoyed the variety of the units discussed. I feel like this week was hard to have a reflection because there was not much material covered.