Week 8 Reflection

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned about the future of nursing. I learned that many of the plans for the future of nursing focus on creating a healthcare system that relies on highly trained and educated nurses to be involved with leadership and promoting nurses to working to their full scope of practice. 

I think most people in my team agrees that it is important to reach toward the goals for the future of nursing. We were all able to recognize ways in which these goals are relevant and being implemented. 

The material covered this week made me reflect on my own contribution to achieving the future of nursing. I realized my education is a fundamental piece of the future of nursing. I think it is important to recognize ways in which we can work toward becoming leaders at work. I also think nurses can strive toward becoming a valued member of the health team by practicing effective communication with doctors, physicians, etc. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I thought it was an interesting lecture to listen to. I personally think there are several big changes that could be made in order to really improve or change the future of nursing. I feel like there are big organizational changes to healthcare world that could allow nurses to be more involved in patient care and could also promote continuing education