Week 4 Reflective Journal

1. What did you actually learned from the unit. 

I thought this week was a fun unit. I feel like I learned a lot about people’s different personalities, strengths, and expectations. Conducting an interview about interviews is something I wish people had a chance to do before being interviewed. 

I had a good time doing the team activity this week. Once all of the coordination was out of the way, it was nice to actually interact with my team members! The activities definitely required individuals and groups to be able to communicate. It taught me that a challenge and reward of working in groups is getting different perspectives on things. One activity was not super clear with instructions, and it was interesting to hear how each individual interpreted it and how we were able to merge all of our understandings together to (hopefully?) complete the activity correctly. 

I will use this information as a reminder that not everyone will always think the same way as me. However, it is important to be able to listen to other people’s understandings or explanations. Being able to share our strengths and understandings can make an entire group better. I also think it is a good reminder to be clear about what we are trying to communicate. Closed loop communication is a big deal, and helps eliminate misunderstandings. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I feel like this course gives me a new theme or topic that I can take to work each week and really focus on improving. I have enjoyed that aspect of this course!